Current available jobs in Administration/General Management:
Become a Champion with us:
Just like the way our fighters prepare with their training partners to be the very best, here at the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) we encourage that type of teamwork. A UFC employee, like a mixed martial artist, is well-rounded and willing to put in the time necessary to be world-class. With a team of champions in the office, the UFC has fought relentlessly to break into the sports world with undeniable success. Our growth both in and outside of the Octagon has revolutionized the fight business and made the UFC the world’s leading mixed martial arts promoter and largest pay-per-view event provider. We are universally recognized for our action-packed, can’t-miss events that have sold out some of the biggest arenas and stadiums across the globe. Come join us as we progress at a rate never-before-seen in the professional sports world.
This position is based in Las Vegas, the UFC’s hometown and the Fight Capital of the World. Las Vegas matches the passion and energy of the UFC and offers a vast array of entertainment, restaurants, spas, golf courses, shops and accommodations. The UFC, owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC, has additional offices in London, Toronto, Singapore and Sao Paulo.
The Ultimate Opportunity:
Zuffa offers an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, LTD, life, supplemental life, short-term disability and 401(k) with a company match. Our Las Vegas office has an on-site gym with cardio equipment, weight machines and free weights. We have a regular wellness calendar for employees featuring health and nutritional classes. The Las Vegas office participates annually in a citywide Corporate Challenge. And, all employees receive UFC FIGHT PASS, a digital subscription services with exclusive live events, thousands of fights on-demand, original content, The Ultimate Fighter television show and more!
Strategy for Winning:
Our office consists of people who are passionate, dedicated and innovative.The Medical and Licensing Coordinator position works in conjunction with the Director of Event Operations to ensure that all fighter medicals and licenses are obtained in a timely manner for each event. The position works with state athletic commissions, various doctor’s offices, fighter managers, and fighters contracted with the UFC to ensure medical and licensing requirements are in place for each event.
1. Contacts state athletic commissions to determine state licensing and medical requirements.
2. Reviews fighter records to determine what requirements the fighter is not currently compliant with and implements steps to alleviate the deficit. This may include preparing letters to fighters and their managers regarding deficiencies, providing fighters and managers with documents that require completion, and scheduling doctor appointments for medicals, etc.
3. Receives and reviews confidential medical records and communicates with the state athletic commissions or clearance of the fighter.
4. Reviews and maintains the medical Excel document daily. Contact fighters and managers as necessary, via email reminders and follow-up phone calls.
5. Updates fighter deduction list with regards to medicals paid for by Zuffa so that the expenses can be recouped following the event. Maintains records and copies of receipts.
6. Updates fighter and cornerman (Seconds) licensing list daily. Sends updates directly to the state athletic commission.
7. Sends licensing paperwork to fighters and corners in a timely manner making sure to request photos for licenses.
8. Verifies that all information on medicals and licenses are accurate and complete.
9. Assists Director of Event Operations with conference calls to commissions verifying receipt, acceptance and approval of licenses and medicals.
10. Assists with last minute details and aspects of licensing and medicals.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree or combination of related education and experience.
2. Previous experience in the medical administration field desired.
3. Ability to speak, write and read Portuguese a plus.
4. Ability to establish and maintain effective internal and external working relationships.
5. Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing with individuals in all levels of the organization and with fighters and their camps externally.
6. Excellent decision making ability.
7. Must be flexible and responsive to evolving and changing business environment.
8. Ability to maintain discretion and confidential information.
9. Ability to prioritize and multi-task and handle various competing activities and interests simultaneously.
10. Excellent attention to detail.
11. Intermediate skills with Microsoft Excel, Basic level skills with Microsoft Word, and Outlook and ability to learn other basic computer programs.
Zuffa is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have experience processing medical claims? Please describe.
2. What experience do you have that you feel will be beneficial to this position?
3. Why are you interested in this position?
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ