Current available jobs in Internships:
From time to time, the UFC will be looking for interns. If you apply below and check off all of the internship notifications, you will be contacted about specific internship opportunities. This is a notification only, not an application for a job.
If you complete your application and then press "edit your information" you can be notified of full-time positions as well. Please complete the application first and then modify it to include notifications for full-time positions if you are in your final year of college or graduate school.
Become a Champion with us:
Just like the way our fighters prepare with their training partners to be the very best, here at the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) we encourage that type of teamwork. A UFC employee, like a mixed martial artist, is well-rounded and willing to put in the time necessary to be world-class. With a team of champions in the office, the UFC has fought relentlessly to break into the sports world with undeniable success. Our growth both in and outside of the Octagon has revolutized the fight business and made the UFC the world’s leading mixed martial arts promoter and largest pay-per-view event provider. We are universally recognized for our action-packed, can’t-miss events that have sold out some of the biggest arenas and stadiums across the globe. Come join us as we progress at a rate never-before-seen in the professional sports world.
This position is based in Las Vegas, the UFC’s hometown and the Fight Capital of the World. Las Vegas matches the passion and energy of the UFC and offers a vast array of entertainment, restaurants, spas, golf courses, shops and accommodations. The UFC, owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC, has additional offices in London, Toronto, Singapore and Sao Paulo.
The Ultimate Opportunity:
This program offers you the opportunity to become directly involved in the legal and policy matters that are part of the daily operations of the department. We strive to make this a challenging and interesting experience for you and try to make every effort to tailor it to the specific skills, and projects that you would like to be included in. This department deals with significant contractual and negotiation responsibilities including, venue agreements, sponsorship contracts, merchandise agreements, fighter contracts, television agreements and other entertainment-related agreements. This department also works on various intellectual property issues including anti-piracy and other unauthorized uses of content and UFC property.
1. Assists legal department in business and legal affairs for all day-to-day activities.
2. Drafts agreements with appropriate supervision.
3. Drafts merchandise license agreements for various consumer products and services including games, apparel, and publishing.
4. Drafts production agreements, including production services, talent, content, fighter, underlying rights, etc, and production related business transactions.
5. Assists in the administration of a variety of distribution and bout agreements.
6. Assists in matters of due diligence and document review and preparation for major transactions, as necessary.
7. Assists with identifying and addressing illegal uses of UFC owned assets.
8. Gathers evidence for trademark applications and oppositions.
9. Prepares copyright applications.
10. Assists in other transactions, general corporate governance matters, employment law research, and international expansion as they arise.
11. Assists with other general business and legal affairs projects as requested.
You would be expected to be able to conduct research projects and draft contracts with appropriate supervision. You may also be called upon to draft correspondence, track pending legislation, and to otherwise assist the Legal team with their duties.
1. 2nd or 3rd year law student.
2. Solid written and verbal communication skills.
3. Interest in one or more of the following areas of law: entertainment, intellectual property, international, corporate, transactional.
4. Ability to organize and effectively present analysis and concepts.
5. Ability to maintain discretion and confidential information.
6. Excellent organizational skills.
7. Excellent attention to detail.
8. Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook, and ability to learn other basic computer programs.
Requested With This Application:
Consider taking the time to create a video elevator pitch for this position. A video elevator pitch is your chance to tell us who you are and why you are ready for this internship opportunity. Specifically, we want you to include:
- First name
- Why you are passionate about this type of legal work
- Why you think this internship is for you
- The entire pitch should be no longer than one minute
All you need to do is get access to a web cam or digital camera, record your pitch, and post it on YouTube or a similar site. Posting a video elevator pitch is not a requirement, but it is encouraged. Make sure to include the link to your pitch in the answer to question 5, when filling out your application.
This position receives a stipend and does not provide housing, relocation or transportation assistance.
Zuffa, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Yes/No: If selected for this internship, will you receive college credit for it?
2. When this internship begins, what year will you be in your program?
3. What do you want to learn from this experience?
4. What is your career goal upon completion of your degree? What type of position do you hope to attain upon graduation?
5. Optional: Post the link to your elevator pitch here if you chose to submit one.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ