Current available jobs in Sales & Marketing:
» Ticket Operations Manager - Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) (Las Vegas, NV)
» Future Notification - UFC UK location - Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) (London, UK)
This position is responsible for supporting the marketing team and related affiliate marketing activities for UFC including but not limited to Pay-Per-View, UFC On-Demand, UFC FIGHT PASS, and live arena events; supporting cooperative advertising and promotional plans; and ensuring that creative tactics and promotional elements are current.
1. Distributes UFC PPV event styleguides to affiliates as they are created and updated, and ensures that current versions are available on the affiliate extranet.
2. Manages the completion of event-related tactics, with multiple versioning where applicable, and the distribution of these tactics to affiliates and/or posting on the affiliate extranet. Such tactics include On-hold messaging, Social Media scripts, event-specific web banners, etc.
3. Manages distribution of event posters, marketing kit materials and other mass-distributed marketing materials supporting Pay-Per-View events.
4. Manages the development and delivery of UFC owned marketing tactics, including web banners and ad slicks, each month.
5. Works closely with Marketing Managers to provision and deliver account-specific materials in a timely manner for each event.
6. Manages all Pay-Per-View and UFC On-Demand assets on the affiliate extranet to ensure current and correct materials are present at all times, and that old materials are removed in a timely manner.
7. Manages distribution lists, and prepares promotional materials requests for POS merchandise and Radio Station Prize Pack distribution.
8. Compiles event record books to include copies of all marketing tactics, promotional summaries, and other salient event records for reference.
9. Supports the Marketing Managers with fighter appearance requests, appearance confirmations, appearance promotional materials, and necessary creative briefs in support of these appearances.
10. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field, or equivalent work experience.
2. 2 years of Marketing experience in a cable television distribution or programming environment.
3. General knowledge of principles of effective communications and mass media, publicity, advertising, policies, community relations, and organization structure as they relate to entertainment and sports events.
4. Ability and willingness to travel- approximately 20%.
5. Ability to plan, organize, and effectively present ideas and concepts to groups, including members of the senior management team.
6. Ability to cultivate and establish effective relationships with all levels of internal stakeholders.
7. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
8. Ability to maintain discretion and protect confidential information.
9. Thorough understanding of marketing and advertising principles, and the ability to think “outside of the box”.
10. Desire and ability to work independently and thrive in a multi-tasked, fast-paced environment.
11. Excellent organizational skills.
12. Excellent attention to detail.
13. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
14. Professional, self-starting, “get-it-done” attitude and work ethic.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Requires close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Additionally, the ability to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols is necessary.
2. Frequently required to sit, talk, and hear.
3. Must have the ability to use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
4. Ability to reach with hands and arms.
5. May occasionally lift and/or move large or heavy items.
Zuffa LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Become a Champion with us:
Just like the way our fighters prepare with their training partners to be the very best, here at the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) we encourage that type of teamwork. A UFC employee, like a mixed martial artist, is well-rounded and willing to put in the time necessary to be world-class. With a team of champions in the office, the UFC has fought relentlessly to break into the sports world with undeniable success. Our growth both in and outside of the Octagon has revolutionized the fight business and made the UFC the world’s leading mixed martial arts promoter and largest pay-per-view event provider. We are universally recognized for our action-packed, can’t-miss events that have sold out some of the biggest arenas and stadiums across the globe. Come join us as we progress at a rate never-before-seen in the professional sports world.
This position is based in Las Vegas, the UFC’s hometown and the Fight Capital of the World. Las Vegas matches the passion and energy of the UFC and offers a vast array of entertainment, restaurants, spas, golf courses, shops and accommodations. The UFC, owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC, has additional offices in London, Toronto, Singapore and Sao Paulo.
The Ultimate Opportunity:
Zuffa offers an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, LTD, life, supplemental life, short-term disability and 401(k) with a company match. Our Las Vegas office has an on-site gym with cardio equipment, weight machines and free weights. We have a regular wellness calendar for employees featuring health and nutritional classes. The Las Vegas office participates annually in a citywide Corporate Challenge. And, all employees receive UFC FIGHT PASS, a digital subscription services with exclusive live events, thousands of fights on-demand, original content, The Ultimate Fighter television show and more!
Strategy for Winning:
Our office consists of people who are passionate, dedicated and innovative people.
Ticket Operations Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of UFC ticket operations, including the day-to-day operations and box office management for all ticketed events worldwide. This role is integral in creating synergies within multiple business functions including sales, service, analytics, database, finance, IT and operations.
1. Assists the Event Development Senior Director in operation and management of all aspects of UFC’s ticket operations for approximately 40 events worldwide, including supervising and directing event venue box office.
2. Coordinates event build manifests and ticket inventory with venue box office and/or ticketing provider.
3. Coordinates scaling and pricing models to maximize revenues.
4. Acts as primary liaison with primary and secondary ticketing providers and manages day-to-day relationship and vendor agreements. Establishes effective and efficient workflows, and drives collaborative innovative initiatives between the parties.
5. Oversees internal ticket sales, fulfillment, distribution, inventory and seat allocations.
6. Assist in ticketing technology efforts and innovations.
7. Oversees internal controls and procedures including auditing procedures and reports, allocation and distribution of tickets.
8. Supervises event box office staff and venue ticket sales and operations.
9. Assists Events Controller and Finance department on event settlements and ticket-related revenue receivables.
10. Administers efficient, accurate, and timely reporting mechanisms related to sales activity, as well as budget projections and analysis for senior management.
11. Assists in Finance and Strategy department with ticket sales revenue projections during the annual business planning and budgeting process.
12. Assist in the RFP process, contracts, and vendor relations for ticket system, ticket printing, ticket management and other ticket-related software programs, including dynamic pricing and secondary sales channels.
13. Collaborates with internal ticket sales team (VIP and group sales) on pricing, sales initiatives, tactics, and fulfillment.
14. Works closely with Event marketing teams to ensure all consumer-facing ticket information is accurate and ticketing systems are functioning correctly.
15. Works with all departments to maintain and develop a high level of customer service for all customers.
16. Performs other tasks, projects, and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills & Experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent work experience. Master’s degree preferred.
2. 5 or more years of relevant professional sports, venue or tour ticket or box office experience.
3. Experience and knowledge of primary ticketing systems, including Ticketmaster and AXS, secondary channels and dynamic pricing tactics.
4. Strong financial reporting skills.
5. Ability to establish and maintain effective internal and external working relationships.
6. Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with individuals at all levels of the organization, internally and externally.
7. Must be flexible and responsive to evolving and changing business environment.
8. Proven ability to work collaboratively.
9. Ability to maintain discretion and confidential information.
10. Ability to prioritize and multi-task and handle various competing activities and interests simultaneously.
11. Highly organized, detail-oriented, high degree of accuracy, proactive and a critical thinker, with excellent decision-making ability.
12. Solid leadership and team-building skills.
13. Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook, and the ability to learn other basic computer programs.
Zuffa, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Please explain your previous venue and/or box office experience.
2. Please explain your knowledge and experience with ticketing systems.
3. What specifically interests you about this position?
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with the UFC's UK office, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "Edit Your Information" above and put in your email address and password.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ