Current available jobs in Sales & Marketing:
Become a Champion with us:
Just like the way our fighters prepare with their training partners to be the very best, here at the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) we encourage that type of teamwork. A UFC employee, like a mixed martial artist, is well-rounded and willing to put in the time necessary to be world-class. With a team of champions in the office, the UFC has fought relentlessly to break into the sports world with undeniable success. Our growth both in and outside of the Octagon has revolutionized the fight business and made the UFC the world’s leading mixed martial arts promoter and largest pay-per-view event provider. We are universally recognized for our action-packed, can’t-miss events that have sold out some of the most prestigious arenas around the globe. Come join us as we progress at a rate never-before-seen in the professional sports world.
This position is based in Las Vegas, the UFC’s hometown and the Fight Capital of the World. Las Vegas matches the passion and energy of the UFC and offers a vast array of entertainment, restaurants, spas, golf courses, shops and accommodations. The UFC, owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC, has additional offices in London, Toronto, Beijing, Singapore and Sao Paulo.
The Ultimate Opportunity:
Zuffa offers an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, LTD, life, supplemental life, short-term disability and 401(k) with a company match. Our Las Vegas office has an on-site gym with cardio equipment, weight machines and free weights. We have a regular wellness calendar for employees featuring health and nutritional classes. The Las Vegas office participates annually in a citywide Corporate Challenge. And, all employees receive UFC FIGHT PASS, a digital subscription services with exclusive live events, thousands of fights on-demand, original content, The Ultimate Fighter television show and more!
Strategy for Winning:
Our office consists of people who are passionate, dedicated and innovative. The Licensing Director is a key member of the Consumer Products department working to develop and execute licensing strategies that will lead to significant growth of the CP business. This position is responsible for revenue and all aspects of licensee management for official outfitting partner, associated sub-licensees and apparel licensees. This role also oversees licensing, business management, marketing, UFC integration, relationship management and retail strategy.
1. Manages, directs and grows category licensing revenue.
2. Negotiates and executes licensed deals with current and new licensees; manages and executes non-renewals.
3. Develops budgets and updated forecasts, variance analysis, risk/opportunity assessments, long-term planning, sales tracking and financial models.
4. Partners with internal stakeholders to maximize existing business while seeking new royalty opportunities, supports and helps lead strategic growth initiatives, identifies and solves business problems and processes inefficiencies.
5. Manages cross-functional relationships with marketing, sales, PR and other internal departments that can provide assets to maximize communication and reach of consumer products initiatives.
6. Develops incremental royalty opportunities for existing licensees and seek out new business partners.
7. Builds retail contacts, fosters communication and provides input regarding channel strategies and strategic direction.
8. Monitors approval process for all product and creative submissions.
9. Drives the sales of UFC licensed merchandise through various distribution channels and ensures product differentiation within each classification.
10. Interfaces and provides leadership and strategic direction to key licensees regarding merchandising strategy and tactics for retail sell through.
11. Manages cross-functional relationships with internal and external partners to ensure strategies are communicated and implemented effectively.
12. Works in a creative capacity to direct licensees on innovative product development, product graphics and marketing materials.
13. Continuously challenges licensees to be on the forefront of product innovation and design.
14. Identifies key trends in assigned categories and translates those trends into products appropriate for the sports licensed business.
15. Other tasks, projects, and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
1. Bachelors / Master’s degree in a related field.
2. Ten years work experience, or more, in sports business, retail, licensing, consumer products or related business.
3. Knowledge of licensed apparel, retail marketing and related business
4. Strong analytical, conceptual and creative problem solving abilities.
5. Excellent ability to communicate across all levels of the organization - verbally and in writing.
6. Ability to identify critical issues and actionable opportunities.
7. Energetic self-starter with strong executive presence and the ability to work effectively in a highly matrixed environment.
8. Ability to make decisions to grow and protect the brand.
9. Leadership and management skills in addition to the ability to work in both a creative and a tactical, strategic mode.
10. Excellent presentation skills and the ability to influence and work successfully with varied audiences.
11. Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
12. Demonstrated ability to translate vision and objectives into achievable and effective execution plans.
Zuffa LLC is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Please detail your experience in development and implementation of licensing strategies - for whom did you do it, and was it a success?
2. Do you have experience developing a strategy for a retail operation - if so, for who, and what was the outcome?
3. Specifically, why does this position interest you?
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with the UFC's UK office, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "Edit Your Information" above and put in your email address and password.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ