Current available jobs in Sales & Marketing:
Become a Champion with us:
Just like the way our fighters prepare with their training partners to be the very best, here at the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) we encourage that type of teamwork. A UFC employee, like a mixed martial artist, is well-rounded and willing to put in the time necessary to be world-class. With a team of champions in the office, the UFC has fought relentlessly to break into the sports world with undeniable success. Our growth both in and outside of the Octagon has revolutionized the fight business and made the UFC the world’s leading mixed martial arts promoter and largest pay-per-view event provider. We are universally recognized for our action-packed, can’t-miss events that have sold out some of the biggest arenas and stadiums across the globe. Come join us as we progress at a rate never-before-seen in the professional sports world.
This position is based in Singapore. UFC Asia established an office in Beijing in Fall 2010 and set up its Asia-Pacific hub in Singapore in August 2013. UFC has held three major events in Asia to date, all to sellout crowds, two at Saitama Super Arena in February 2012 and March 2013, and UFC Macao in November 2012. The organization launched the The Ultimate Fighter China reality television series in conjunction with Sands and Liaoning TV in late 2013, and will hold a half-dozen live events in 2014 in various locations around Asia. UFC TV programming in Asia has a potential reach of more than 1.5 billion viewers via major networks including Fox Sports in Southeast Asia and Japan; Wowow in Japan, SuperAction in Korea, MNC/RCTI in Indonesia, ABS-CBN in the Philippines, Liaoning Satellite Television, and a host of provincial channels and leading portals in China. The company also offers fans around the region localized versions of UFC.com in Chinese, Japanese, and Korean. The UFC, owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC, has additional offices in Las Vegas, London, Toronto, Beijing, Singapore and Sao Paulo.
Strategy for Winning:
Our office consists of people who are passionate, dedicated and innovative people.The Marketing Partnerships Senior Director - Asia will generate revenue by selling across the portfolio of UFC Asia entities and various sponsorship and advertising-related assets for each. The Senior Director will be responsible for building relationships with high-level corporate partners and securing sponsorships. Additionally, this position executes all aspects of Asian corporate sponsorship sales including: prospecting new Asian business, developing new business and potential partners, closing new business and fulfilling advertising and sponsorship packages through strategic selling techniques; and in certain markets managing relationships with third-party agencies to fulfill above functions. Specifically, this position fulfills the following functions as related to sponsorship sales and marketing in Asia:
1. Drives Asian revenue growth through the creation of new sellable marketing programs, identification of sales targets and development of sales strategies.
2. Achieves annual Asian sales goals determined by UFC management.
3. Prospects and develops new Asian business, including cold-calling.
4. Negotiates and closes new Asian business across UFC global assets.
5. Supports renewal process for Asian partner contracts and identifies/pursues additional Asian revenue opportunities.
6. Works closely with sponsorship servicing person in Asia, whose main job is to manage contracted accounts effectively and in order to optimize value for both partners and UFC, while ensuring compliance with contractual obligations.
7. Overcomes client objections with value added solutions to consistently close sales.
8. Maintains a pipeline of prospects to achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual quotas.
9. Manages entire internal and external sales process while reporting and updating SVP, Global Marketing Partnerships on a regular basis.
10. Works cooperatively with other UFC sales staff, helping to achieve overall company goals.
11. Consistent with #10 above, works cooperatively and collaboratively with UFC Asia staff to support the growth of the sport, brand and business in Asia
12. Maintains information and research on target-specific categories.
13. Manages and grows relationships with partners through contact with the client and their agencies.
14. Communicates key issues internally via status reports and meeting updates.
15. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of industry trends, activation best practices and new media marketing efforts.
16. Attends business review meetings with each partner on a regular basis.
17. Leverages UFC departments to enhance programs internationally.
18. Analyzes client needs and budgets and presents unique value propositions using all inventories.
19. Reports on ALL sales activity on a weekly basis or upon request to both the Marketing Partnership Department (in Las Vegas) and to UFC Asia (EVP and Managing Director – Asian Division).
20. Assumes other duties as assigned by supervisors.
21. Assumes role as a member of the UFC Asian office and contributes to the Team Asia community.
Skills & Experience:
1. Bachelor’s Degree, with concentration in Marketing or Sports Management preferred.
2. Minimum of ten (10) years of agency, team or league-based sponsorship sales experience within the sports industry. Sales experience in Asia is essential.
3. Direct working knowledge of the Asian sports market-place
4. Experience managing the development and implementation of partnership marketing strategy.
5. Experience with marketing platform integration (digital, event, hospitality, etc.), on-site event marketing operations and logistics preferred.
6. Significant relationships/contacts in the Asian marketplace (client and agencies).
7. Ability to determine the best offering from the UFC global portfolio based on prospect/client’s current marketing initiatives.
8. Languages: high level of fluency in written and spoken English, at least one other major Asian language highly preferred.
9. Ability and willingness to travel internationally 50-75% of the time.
10. Ability to multi-task in fast-paced client-service environment.
11. Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
12. Superior communication skills, collaborative with strong influencing and interpersonal skills.
13. Demonstrated ability to manage and cultivate relationships.
14. Highest level of integrity and ethics, both professional and personal.
15. Ability to organize and prioritize work while working independently.
16. Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects while adhering to strict deadlines.
Zuffa, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with the UFC's UK office, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "Edit Your Information" above and put in your email address and password.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ